Old 18-05-2003, 06:56 AM
sam

Default Neem oil?

In Cereoid-UR12
wrote:
Tell us what you think about Neem oil.

Its supposed to be an effective insecticide, miticide and fungicide
all rolled into one and non-toxic to humans at the same time.

Is it the wonder pesticide its touted to be or is it all hype?

I'll swear by it. I've used it to wipe out powdery mildew (and other
mystery ails) on azaleas, rust and black spot on roses and spider mites
on fuschia to name a few. Last spring I was doing a weekly spray on some
things and would usually have a few inches of the stuff left in my spray
bottle when my hands got tired. I started tossing the leftover onto a
crappy-looking red tip photinia way in the back and, wonder of wonders,
within a couple of weeks the photinia was completely free of all of its
usual ickiness and looking shiny and healthy.

It's toxic to bees when it's wet, so I won't spray it on flowering
shrubs.

And it smells like the kitchen the morning after cooking up a tasty
Indian meal to me.

sam
pnw/z8