Old 18-05-2003, 10:20 AM
Fleemo

Default Neem oil?

Put it this way... I actually thought to myself "How can I go about
buying an orchard to plant with Neem trees?" Honest to God, I think
Neem oil is going to be a huge, HUGE aspect of modern gardening.

A few months ago, when I first starting using it, I put out a post to
this newsgroup asking folks advice on its use. I got ZERO responses,
not a damn one. I was amazed that no one had anything to say about it.

My experience so far with Neem oil has been fantastic. Not only has
it been an effective pesticide against stubborn pests like aphids, but
it has proven to be excellent as a fungicide as well. At the outset
of the season, my hollyhocks were being mutilated by rust. After two
applications of Neem oil, the new leaves are pristine and gorgeous. I
didn't know hollyhocks could look so good. And my roses! Blackspot
and rust have all but vanished!

Last year, despite all my efforts, aphids ruled my garden. This year,
only a few here and there. And the large population of ladybugs in my
garden give me confidence that this isn't a wide-spectrum killer,
irradicating everything in its path, friend or foe alike.

In my experience, Neem oil is the best weapon to come down the pike in
a long time. It may not cure all your gardening ailments, but it's
definitely made a fan out of me.

-Fleemo