Old 18-05-2003, 02:20 PM
animaux

Default Neem oil?

It seems to upset the cycle of the damaging insect who pierces, sucks or chews
foliage with Neem Oil on it. They can't eat, then die.

I have equal results with blasts of water on the undersides of leaves. I've
never been able to get rid of thrips with it, which is the only reason I've used
it. Instead, I let the lacewing larvae eat the thrips.

As a fungicide, I think sulfur works much better in situations where humidity is
prevalent. Where I live is on the dry line. We can be considered the humid
south because of that. I've used Neem Oil on crape myrtles for powdery mildew
with no results.

None of my testing was scientific so I can't give definitive results other than
to say, it didn't really help with thrips or mildew where I live.

On Sun, 18 May 2003 02:16:58 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12" wrote:

Tell us what you think about Neem oil.

Its supposed to be an effective insecticide, miticide and fungicide all
rolled into one and non-toxic to humans at the same time.

Is it the wonder pesticide its touted to be or is it all hype?