Old 18-05-2003, 03:08 PM
John Towill

Default RCDs Availability, Price, and Use

--
"Drakanthus" wrote in message
There seem to be different types of RCD - which is best for a lawnmower?
Where do you buy them from? (not necessarily on line)

Avoid the ones at B&Q in grey plastic. I bought one from there and it kept
tripping for no reason. After about 10 minutes of just being in a power
socket with nothing plugged into it, it would get warm then trip! B&Q
swapped it, and the replacement did the same so I got my money back. Can't
remember the brand of the one I've got now except that it is white in
colour. I recall it was a couple of quid more than the cheapo ones at B&Q.
--
Drakanthus.

A word of warning, if you are using an electrical appliance on a long lead
plug the RCD into the end of the extension lead. If there is a long lead
between you and the LCD the finite time taken for it to react could give you
little or no protection.

cheers
John T