Old 18-05-2003, 04:56 PM
animaux

Default Antsyour reply to "Cliff"

I'm not from Texas. I'm from New York City, where I lived till I was 37. I
don't mince words, and I am probably viewed in this overly, rudely polite state
of Texas as a bigmouth. Sadly, that's more of a sexist attack on me than
anything else. I know a bit more than some useful knowledge...but feel free to
ignore it.

As for anger, you can read into it any way you like. I'm no more angry at
people for being ignorant than I'd be angry at someone for having an illness.

I am absolutely an environmentalist, I am certainly a liberal (proudly so) and
if you want to call my strict adherence to organic methods of gardening as being
dogmatic, add that one with my eternal gratitude.

Everything else...take what you want and leave the rest. I'm not in any
competition for credibility. Oh, and thanks for the great compliment where you
said I sound like a teenager. That is no put down in my estimation. It means
I'm fresh and eager.

Carry on and do as you please.

On Sun, 18 May 2003 14:47:52 GMT, "gary"
wrote:

Ma'am, your reply here to this "Cliff" guy kind of mystifies me. I don't
recall how your argument with him got started, and his posting of multiple
would read your posts and come away with the opinion that, while you
obviously have some useful knowledge, you also seem to be an extremely
self-righteous, dogmatic, enviro-leftist. When someone contradicts you, you
react with such anger that you sound like a teen-ager. "Kiss my ass" and
such responses do not serve your purposes, or so it seems to me. I think
you would be more credible if you avoided the juvenile rhetoric.

But that's just my opinion and, anticipating your reply, I just kissed my
own ass. (OK, I blew it a kiss. That was the best I could do.)

gary
austin

"animaux" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 17 May 2003 01:51:07 GMT, "Cliff" wrote:

It must be a terrible responsibility to be an expert on every subject.

What's terrible is the way people feel they must kill everything. What's

even
more infinitely ridiculous are people who actually think they CAN kill
everything.

I'm not an expert, but I know a great deal about gardening, soils, and

insect
management. I worked for years as a professional grower and I did it all
certified organically.

Got any questions? If not, kiss my ass.