Old 18-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Chris French and Helen Johnson

Default RCDs Availability, Price, and Use

In message , Rick McGreal
writes
"Dave Liquorice" wrote in
hill.network:

On Sun, 18 May 2003 15:06:57 +0100, John Towill wrote:

A word of warning, if you are using an electrical appliance on a
long lead plug the RCD into the end of the extension lead.

ARGH! NO!!

This is just plain wrong and dangerous in that you *think* you have
RCD protection but you haven't. If you damage that extension cable you
have *no* RCD protection. See you at St Peters Gates...

Don't breakers go in the wall socket and the extension goes into that?

Thats what I have been doing with my mower and stereo....

Yes, that's how it should be.
--
Chris French and Helen Johnson, Leeds
urg Suppliers and References FAQ: