Old 18-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Sumgod

Default Bamboo tall but not invasive

Ged,

I got Arundinaria murielae (think it might have a 'new' name now - fargesia
some-at?). Seems to fit the bill as far as you're concerned. Is one of the
clump formers and not a runner. If you got a bit of patience and want loads
of em, keep in a pot till rootbound and then saw into 4 (I did one last
night). Then either plant or pot up. At random on Google I found these sites
with Arundinaria murielae (for info only).

http://www.fulbrook.clara.net/page4.htm
http://www.plants8.freeserve.co.uk/bamboo.htm
http://www.gee-tee.co.uk/page9.html

As for advice like 'pampas grass' and 'forget it', well...........just
forget it and go get what you want.

Good luck!

Tony

"ged hickman" wrote in message
I would like to plant bamboo as a feature in front of a 6ft high fence at
the back of a border.
Amongst my, perhaps unachievable, wishlists are;
Readily available
I don't want to pay the earth
I'd like it two meters or so high
I would like a non-invasive form