Old 18-05-2003, 08:20 PM
Phisherman

Default Electric Box Help

Roger Hill wrote
Greetings,

We're having a new house built and our lot ended
up having an electric company power box in the front
yard. It's green and is about 2ft. wide, 3ft. long and
2.5ft. tall. If anyone has any suggestions on what to
use to cover it up, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Roger

We planted a semi-circle of grape ivy (similar to holly) around our
electical box. If the box is not fully accessable the city will cut it
down or remove it. After a year it could not be seen (or accessed)
except from the street. We keep the hedge trimmed so that it does not
touch the box and keep it fully accessable. One street down they
planted giant grasses around the box. You'll need to select a plant
that meets your conditions (you did not state you have shade or sun
around the power box). The box is probably on an easement which means
you have to care for it but the city can do whatever it pleases.