Old 18-05-2003, 08:20 PM
GamePlayer No. 1058

Default Worst time of he year for me!

I think my favorite rose is my J&P color magic rose. I dont know if it's
because it's the first rose I planted in my home when I bought it 9 or 10
years ago, or if it's because of it's beautifull 5 to 6" pink blooms. It
makes lovely cuttings last year and this year, for some reason the stems are
rather long last year and this year, easily14 to 24 inches with a beautiful
bloom at the top, and sometimes 5 or more blooms making it a cluster at the
top.

My other favorite was my Mr Lincoln, it put out great blooms, but one of the
dogs got a mouthfull of thorns by trying to eat it, basically he destroyed
the plant and now it's gone to a better place.

Then there is the "wild climbing rose" that sprouted out of the ground one
day 2 years ago.
In almost the same spot, I had a yellow climber that grew up to about 12
feet or so, and I leased my house out, when I returned 2 years later the
yellow climber was gone, the tennants say that during a horrible wind storm
it was blown down, so they removed what was left of it, which they say didnt
amount to more than just a couple roots. 2 years later up came this
pathetic looking twig, I let it be to see what would become of it. I'ts now
well over 20feet long on it's longest vine and I've built a trellis system
around my patio to accomodate it, it grows up one side of the trellis and
then I had to put wood slats on the top to bend the branches over to make a
roof of it. When it blooms, IT REALLY BLOOMS, with hundreds of little red
roses. Whenever it's in bloom I use the french doors on the patio to enter
and leave the house, it's just so calming to walk into this area with all
these red blooms. This one should be my favorite just because it came up
out of nothing, and gives me such delight in enjoying the blooms, but
nostalgia has its place with me, and I think if I ever sell my house I'll
take the Color Magic with me.

Im going out to buy about 5 or 50 rose bushes today, I want to totally bring
my garden into grand color by this time next year.

"Oldtimer" wrote in message
: I have a rose called "Promise", it is without a doubt the most
: beautiful pink rose I have ever saw, it's color and texture is very
: feminine, the long stem bud,as the pink begins to show,is just as
: beautiful as th open rose. My 5 year old plant has 5 open and perhaps
: another 6 or eight ready.
:
: On my way back to the house, my Mr Lincoln has a 5" bloom, it is
: majestic, it is the epitome of what a rose should look like- - -could
: it be my fovorite?
:
: On the otherhand, as I passed a twenty feet fence that has two 4 year
: old "Don Juans" and perhaps 200 blooms, you could smell them two
: blocks away, the fragrance was almost heavenly.
:
: My two, 4 year old "Blaze" with their 10 feet canes are loaded with
: literaly a thousand buds, and have began to burst open on the tips of
: the canes- -they are not my favorite, they are family, I think.
:
: My two year old JFK has two of the whitest bloom I think I have ever
: seen,thoughit has a very beautiful bloom, I don't think it could ever
: be my favorite, to me it represent a tragic time, that I remember so
: very well.
:
: Oh, I forgot to mention "Oklahoma", like some from Oklahoma, it is a
: little slow this year- -but when it does come forth it will be
: dyno-mite. It's bloom is almost black- -when it blooms, I'll think it
: is my favorite, I'm sure.
:
: My two ladies of ladies "Queen Elizabeths" are about 50% of full
: bloom. Though they are beautiful, they could never be my favorite.
: They remind me of one of my grandmothers. She was the classiest lady
: I ever knew, but she was strict with children.
:
: Really, I think my choice will have to be the "Promise", maybe
: because I looked at it last- -what is your favorite rose, I'd like to
: know.
:
: Have a good day, Roger