Old 18-05-2003, 10:32 PM
paghat

Default a concrete planter question

In article , "madgardener"
wrote:

ok, got that, but what would YOU plant (zone 6b) that would happily live in
this planter? I am about to get the dolly and PUT it somewhere and plant it
up............maddiie

I'm zone 8, but what I would have to plant in ANY planter would be
something drought-tolerant, because I need as much help as possible from
nature to have the good luck I usually have, &when I tempt fate with
containers, more of the responsibility is mine, & a plant could well be
doomed because of it. Something like horehound or rabbit-ear lilac or
russian sage will thrive in a neglected container. I have a young
evergreen portugese cherry doing splendidly in a container, as completely
drying out between waterings doesn't phase it; whenever it's too big for
the giant crockery, I'll plop it out by the road. If you're better at
remembering to water containers than I've ever managed to be, there
shouldn't be many limitations.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"