Old 18-05-2003, 10:56 PM
bnd777

Default Re rats thread, I've found a hole in the soil

Well the holes under our fence and our neighbours were only 1 1/2 to 2
inches in diameter and that was all the Rat man needed to confirm rats and
put down his poison boxes

"Rick McGreal" wrote in message
"ned" wrote in news:ba685e$pb2jm$1@ID-
115413.news.dfncis.de:
One and a half inch rat hole?
Never.
Your average brown rat is up to 18 inches long and would never squeeze
down a hole that size. Rat holes are more likely to be 60 - 90mm
diameter (that's 2.5 to 3.5 inches).

More likely to be a bank vole - which are unlikely to invade your
home. Bank voles are about 3 to 4 inch body length plus 2 to 3 inch
tail.

It could be mice....
We had a couple of small holes in the back just after we got rid of a load
of rats....
When we called the pest control guy back after fears they may merely moved
to the garden...He said that it won't be rats but rather mice..

He then said that there would be no problems with them and we should leave
it alone....