Old 18-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Zizz

Default Bamboo tall but not invasive

Wyevale I find can be a bit on the expensive side, mind you all nurseries
are on the expensive side when I go to them!
I think it pays to have a look around, my guess is for a 2 metre bamboo
£20-£25 is roughly the going rate down here in the SE!

"bnd777" wrote in message
Just plant the clump forming bamboo in a large deep bottomless pot sunk in
the ground ,,,,,,,,,it will stop any runners .......Wyevale nurseries have
quite a reasonable range
"Zizz" wrote in message

"ged hickman" wrote in message
I would like to plant bamboo as a feature in front of a 6ft high fence

at
the back of a border.
Amongst my, perhaps unachievable, wishlists are;
Readily available
I don't want to pay the earth
I'd like it two meters or so high
I would like a non-invasive form
Preferably pretty as well

Any ideas or suggestion most welcome

cheers
Ged

I've 2 phyllostachys nigras both currently about 6 feet tall an have had
them planted in the ground against a fence for the past 2 years.
If there are any worries about bamboo spreading then you can always put

barrier around it to prevent spread as bamboos aren't too deep rooting.