Old 18-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Adrian Jones

Default Flanders poppies

This was on the telly just a couple of days ago. Apparently, poppy seeds
can remain dormant for over a hundred years.

Regards

"shazzbat" wrote in message
We've been discussing these over in uk.people. ex-forces and there's
something I'm wondering about the seeds.

About 10 years ago we got a bypass. When it opened the banks were a riot

of
poppies, but they gradually disappeared unitl about 5 years on there were
none. When a crash disturbs the verges, they reappear. Which has set me
wondering about how long the seeds will remain dormant and viable. Anybody
here know?

Steve