Old 18-05-2003, 10:56 PM
bnd777

Default Gardening tools

some people like to hoe but like you I much prefer to kneel down and use a
small hand fork ........much less risk of damage to plant roots and when
things are closely planted a hand fork or even just deft hands are better
After the recent rains weeding is a doddle

"Rick McGreal" wrote in message
Does anyone know of a site that will teach me about the different types of
tools and what is best for certain jobs?

I was out weeding today and an old boy came past and made the comment that
I would be quicker and better using a hoe....

Is he right?
I was simply on my knees using a trowl....
But I would much rather use a long handled tool as I injured my knees a
while ago and getting on my knees can be a little painful after a

while....

This may sound like an insane question but with the other comments about
the claw tools.....