Old 18-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Pam Rudd

Default Tomato blight

When last we left our heros, on 18 May 2003 11:44:57 -0700,
(Ken Saunders) scribbled:

I lost 50lb of tomatoes last year, here in East Anglia UK.
Absolutely gutted.

To what? Some sort of tomato blight? How do you know it
was 50 lbs, did you get as far as green tomatoes on the vine?

What varieties did you grow? How did you grow them? How
was the blight introduced?

I lost most of my tomatoes before they ever produced last summer,
but it was in The War of the Thrips. The pink Brandywine held up
best. I'm going with mostly Brandywines this year, but I have a
few others to try. I also put a few in pots with commercially
produced potting soils, I'm hoping if I do battle with Minute
Minions of Evil this year, planting in a sterile medium will give
the plants an edge against tomato spotted wilt virus.

Pam

"ElissaAnn"