Old 19-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Tim Lamb

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

In article , Oz
writes

Ave net farm income (that is BEFORE drawings and investment) is 15-20
UKP/ac, and has fallen 300 UKP/Ha since 1995.

That makes my gross income 400 pounds then? Mind you they are quite
right about zero investment (in conventional farming).

Curiously a sales rep. claimed to have sold several new combines for
next year. As he also mentioned a fall back career in domestic gardening
he may have been pulling my leg.

Contract farming, amalgamations etc. perhaps. I suppose somebody will
turn a penny or two out of the expected 14000 new homes West of
Stevenage.

regards

--
Tim Lamb