Old 19-05-2003, 01:20 AM
David G. Bell

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

On Tuesday, in article

"Torsten Brinch" wrote:

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:55:13 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In article , Oz
writes

Ave net farm income (that is BEFORE drawings and investment) is 15-20
UKP/ac, and has fallen 300 UKP/Ha since 1995.

That makes my gross income 400 pounds then?

If you managed just the average, Tim, but that can't be right can it?
Grin. The top 25% Deloitte farm clients made 290UKP/ha (116UKP/ac).

Do you really think that their clients fully represent the range of
farming businesses? I'd expect that their sample is biased towards the
upper end of farm-business sizes, and other sources, such as Nix, are
pretty clear about the effect of farm size on costs, warning that the
agricultural press often ignores this in the figures they present.

"Let me get this straight. You're the KGB's core AI, but you're afraid
of a copyright infringement lawsuit over your translator semiotics?"
From "Lobsters" by Charles Stross.