Old 19-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Tim Lamb

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

In article , Torsten Brinch
writes
Ave net farm income (that is BEFORE drawings and investment) is 15-20
UKP/ac, and has fallen 300 UKP/Ha since 1995.

That makes my gross income 400 pounds then?

If you managed just the average, Tim, but that can't be right can it?
Grin. The top 25% Deloitte farm clients made 290UKP/ha (116UKP/ac).

Hi Torsten, both you and Oz know that simple arithmetic is not my strong
point:-)

This farm is roughly 200 acres.

I would assume that any farm employing such accountants is substantially
larger. There seems to be some buggeration factor which allows small one
man band farms to exist profitably while making it hard for medium sized
with labour to do more than break even.

regards

--
Tim Lamb