Old 19-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Jim Webster

Default Co-operative buyers

Oz wrote in message
Gordon Couger writes

Your problem is simple put in a big freezer and deliver as they can

use it.
If that is against the government rules buy a freezer a sell it to a
cooperative of you customers for one pound a share or some such.

Now that's an interesting suggestion.

X-posts reset, subject change.

yes, it bides thinking about, store the beef for them.
They would have to buy it up front really. The problem would come with
delivery/collection. I tend to drive a maximum of about 30 miles to
dispose of all a bullock, and that is on a bad day, normally I will do
about six milees. If we have people coming for a couple of pounds or
worse still expecting me to deliver it, you are talking about using a
couple of pounds worth of fuel for a couple of pounds worth of meat.
I would prefer to encourage them to put a freezer in of their own, but
with small houses this can be a bit daunting for people.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

--
Oz
Note: soon (maybe already) only posts via despammed.com will be

accepted.