Old 19-05-2003, 01:20 AM
Gordon Couger

Default Co-operative buyers

Jim,

My traffic wasn't so bad. I have seen combines with 20 foot headers on come
down the main street of town. You can get a combine almost anywhere in the
county with a 20 foot header on it with out taking it off you are just not
supposed to move at night.

At night they take the headers off and no one bothers them.

Gordon
"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Gordon Couger wrote in message
Farmer's co-ops over here have problems exactly like you describe only

they
are playing with millions of dollars. Killings are rare but not

unheard of.

You sure have it tough driving 30 miles. It used to take me 115 to

check all
the places I farmed of my own or 250 to see after everything I did

from
myself an others doing custom plowing and harvesting. I bought a

little
Subaru pickup to save gas.

I suspect the fuel cost over 30 miles is probably dearer :-((

I collect calves from a chap 40 miles away, it will take an hour and a
half to drive there and the same to drive back and that is without
traffic. To give you an idea of the roads round here, I used to have to
travel 34 miles to see Brenda before we were married at it took over an
hour. And that isn't the traffic, that is the road.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

Gordon