Old 19-05-2003, 01:21 AM
Gordon Couger

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Dec 2002 19:52:41 -0600, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:
"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message

Which WTO ruling are you thinking of?

The one on US beef.

There is a ruling that the beef hormone ban must be based on a risk
assessment, if that is what you are thunking of -- but the ban is
rather obviously based on a risk assessment. Indeed, on the thread
*EU confirms growth hormones pose health risk to consumers*
we discussed the most recent EU risk assessment in support of the ban,
on sci.agriculture only six months ago.

Wiht no evidence just another trade barrier for which the EU paying a fine.

I wonder what happens if the US decides to press the case of GM crops with
the WTO?

Gordon