Old 19-05-2003, 01:21 AM
Torsten Brinch

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 19:41:57 -0000, David P
wrote:

In article ,
says...
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:04:58 GMT, "Michelle Fulton"
wrote:

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
.. .

has introgressed English to become 'floe', meaning sea ice.

I knew that! smacks self in head

concepts, going with the floe means going with
the ice.

An English tongued person might yield to associations from floe
to flee/fly/fled/flight, particularly when he is in a belligerent
state of mind, but again, flee/fly is an altogether different concept
than floe.

Any connection to the rhyme:
Flee Fly Floe Flumb I smell the blood of a Danish man?
vbg

Self evidently now, you just made it:-) The direct template of
this new expression would of course be King Lear, but it is difficult
to say this template really had an origin, since the language use is
so obviously highly apophonical there. The 'falling' vocal shifting
'ee-eye-oh-u(m)' may serve to associate to finalisation or
conclusion, though, in our language as well as in Shakespeares. So,
although it is equally an apophony to say 'bim bam bum', as it is to
say 'bum bam bim', hearing the two things would tune minds
differently.