Old 19-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Jim Webster

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

Tim Lamb wrote in message
In article , Torsten

Brinch
writes
The situation is not helped by the UK Govts. reluctance to claim
the monetary compensation.

Which fraction of the subsidy gone missing on this account are we
looking at? (I am questioning the significance of it, in the
situation)

It is not a large sum but over the period we are discussing it has

never
(TTBOMK) been claimed or paid. Something to do with Maggies rebate and
our treasury having to fund more than 70% of the total.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/esg/work_htm...urrent/chapter
9.pdf

gives agrimonetary compensation

97/98 98/99 99/00 00/01 01/02 02/03
£0 £0 £152.4 £76.6 £28.6 £25

figures in £millions.

this shows the money paid as opposed the the amount that should have
been paid. Even in 99/00 they only paid a proportion, so I think that
you can assume a minimum of £250 million a year should have been going
into agriculture (I think I have heard figures of £500 million)
--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'