Old 19-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Torsten Brinch

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:39:30 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In article , Torsten Brinch
writes
The situation is not helped by the UK Govts. reluctance to claim
the monetary compensation.

Which fraction of the subsidy gone missing on this account are we
looking at? (I am questioning the significance of it, in the
situation)

It is not a large sum but over the period we are discussing it has never
(TTBOMK) been claimed or paid. Something to do with Maggies rebate and
our treasury having to fund more than 70% of the total.

Do you think you are drawing attention to a significant factor in the
situation, and if so, why?

I've seen the thought expressed on a website, from memory, that "as
long as these unclaimed monetary compensations are not made available
British family farms will continue to disappear". I consider that hype
unbased in reality, what do you think?