Old 19-05-2003, 01:32 AM
Jim Webster

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

Torsten Brinch wrote in message
On Sat, 14 Dec 2002 20:08:55 -0600, "Gordon Couger"
wrote:

600 English farms losing £62 million
= A loss of ~£100,000 per farm.

600 English farms on status quo, receiving 300,000 Euro + £100,000
= Status quo = an average £300,000 hand-out to each of 600 farms.

If we go for Fischler's proposal, they will only get £200,000
and there will be £62 million to give to somebody else.

Perhaps we could discuss the best use of these £62m.
Who should have it?

what have you got against farm workers?

why is it OK for farmers to split holdings on paper between members of
their families, (a common strategy in much of europe,) and get all the
money, but if you keep the holding in one management unit and employ
staff you will not get the money.

So what has Torsten got against agricultural workers?

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'