Old 19-05-2003, 01:56 AM
Gordon Couger

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Torsten Brinch wrote in message
On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 21:41:04 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 19:51:03 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:
Not really true. It ensures that people have the means to provide

for
their family whatever the size of that family however low their

income.
e.g. even a farmer or cleaner with a family of 10 children will

receive
enough financial support to ensure that they had food, shelter, etc.

Oh good, we can't have children starving or freezing to death, can we.
Anyhow, this has nothing to do with the profitability of farming, let
us stick to the subject.

except that when a population gets hungry, agriculture gets a different
priority to that it holds when they are full. The CAP was put into place
by a generation who had been hungry. It is being taken apart by baby
boomers who cannot even grasp the concept.

It is kept in place by those that rember those days of hunger. They may pinp
and pander to the public but they still haven't been completly brain washed
from the bloody past of the the last centry in the area. There are plenty of
things like the Serbs, IRA and Arab terror groups to remind them that they
are still not 100% safe.

They may look like dandy boys and drag queens but inspite of all the dumb
decisions that they have made they have made some good ones as well

Gorodn