Old 19-05-2003, 02:08 AM
Jim Webster

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

Torsten Brinch wrote in message
On Mon, 06 Jan 2003 21:11:20 +0000 (GMT),
("David G. Bell") wrote:

There seems to be a more immediate problem in that I am posting to
ukba *now* using current standard terms for measures of Farm Income
and noone seems to know what I am talking about.

no, they are probably watching your gymnastics in open mouthed
admiration. You gave four figures and chose the one that suited your
particular agenda.
You then compared the income of a business with the income of an
employee, a procedure that can only be described as fatuous.
Why do you not compare farm profitability with that of other businesses
using accepted business profit bench marks?

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'