Old 19-05-2003, 02:09 AM
Tim Lamb

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

In article , Torsten Brinch
writes
On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:23:51 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

In article , Torsten Brinch
writes
There seems to be a more immediate problem in that I am posting to
ukba *now* using current standard terms for measures of Farm Income
and noone seems to know what I am talking about.

Not enough to argue it, anyway.
If your end objective is to convince us that farmers are well rewarded
why start from an obscure accounting system.

What you write illustrates the problem very well. What is suspicious
and obscure to you, is the accounting system and the measures of farm
income of the UK national farm income statistics.

Nuff said!

One does try to help:-)

More than 10% of my perceived income is spent on accountants fees!

One big annual complaint is the amount they try to transfer from
*revenue* spend to *drawings* in order to satisfy some disbelief that
anyone can live so cheaply.

regards

--
Tim Lamb