Old 19-05-2003, 02:09 AM
Dave Roberts

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

In article , Jim Webster
writes
I have an office job, we worked out Brenda and I spend 200hrs a year on
just dealing with livestock movement etc.

Which is not even a couple of hours a week each.

not usual for an employee. Remember torsten is comparing farmers with
employees. Certainly in ship building which is the common employer in
this town, if you are on call, you are amply rewarded.

Not usual but not uncommon.

but remember you are just backing up my point with torsten. He is
comparing farmers with employees. Self employed do not compare with
employees. I've snipped the other self employed comparisons, I agree
with them, but it is torsten who doesn't appear to understand it.

I feel you haven't really made that point choosing the examples you did.

Cheers
Dave