Old 19-05-2003, 02:09 AM
Torsten Brinch

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:21:59 -0000, "Michael Saunby"
wrote:

"Torsten Brinch" wrote in message
news

If household income comparison is what you are interested in,

Honest comparison is, I believe, what folks would like to see,

the
average farm household will have additional and non-farm sources of
income, typically brought in by the spouse having a job outside the
farm. The data I've seen indicates that it would be on avg. about
£5000 that is brought in this way.

Perhaps, when other employment is available, and only when farm incomes are
low!!

We are talking about averages.

NB, a correction: I took the figure £5000 from memory.
Now looking at data, the additional non-farm income brought
in to the average farm household would be more like £10000.