Old 19-05-2003, 02:10 AM
Jim Webster

Default UK farm profitability to jun 2002

Dave Roberts wrote in message
In article , Jim Webster
writes
I feel you haven't really made that point choosing the examples you

did.

remember I am used to traditional heavy industry which still exists
round here.

That might be so but if you were trying to point out the difference
between self employed and employed people poor phone connection, lack

of
street lighting, poor electricity supply and poor roads were

surprising
examples to choose.

I'll not labour the point though.......

it was a different point that ran together with the first when there
should have been a definite gap between them.
.. There was an argument that we ought to put in a cash value for
lifestyle of living in nice rural area. Which is fair enough but you
should then put in a cost as well. The costs forced on the business by
poor phone connection, poor roads etc are significant.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'