Old 19-05-2003, 02:20 AM
garigue

Default Mantis tiller

"Larry Dawson" wrote in message
In article ,
Bruce Yates wrote:

Can anyone give me their opinion on the Mantis tiller?

How good is it at breaking sod for new planting ....snip

I just sold my Troy built ...3.75 HP small unit no reverse. I think a
useful accessory would have been a rupture truss as that thing was a bear to
turn around. My wife bought to my surprise a Mantis. What could that weed
wacker on wheels do???? I'll tell you that it is a near pleasure to use.
It isn't effortless but it is one heck of a lot easier than that Troy built
which is a quality product. But try getting the TB up a 9 inch step to the
shed ....truss time again. I would definitely recommend the Mantis to
anyone who does not have a huge garden.

PS It even did a section of my buddy's grass for a new bed....excellent job.

Tom nr Pittsburgh