Old 19-05-2003, 02:20 AM
Jim Webster

Default Is this the right NG?

Gilgamesh wrote in message
I would, however, have been 10/11/12 at the
time, not
big enough to handle a scythe, and not savvy enough to be trusted with

one
anyway. I usually got roped in on the basis that David (my friend &

the
farmer's son) couldn't come fishing until the job was done, so it was

sickle each. These were smallish fields of oats - D's dad still used

the
self-binder on those, although he combined the rest of the grain crops

(he
fed the oats in the sheaf if my memory isn't playing tricks)

Was it fed to sheep? or do any of our nutritionalists know if oats can
be fed to cattle un-rolled and still digested.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'