Old 27-01-2003, 01:33 AM
Lar

Default Crows eradicated in DC, Paghat debunked

In article paghat-2601031145330001
@soggy72.drizzle.com,
says...
In some regions, most dead crows that get analyzed did have the virus as
cause of death, but for birds more broadly, analysis of thousands of
corpses shows the primary cause of death generally to be pesticides.

There is a governmental graph floating around out there
that came out I believe 2000, maybe 1999 that had a
break down of bird mortality for N America and lists
death by many natural occurring pathogens (Avian
botulism, avian cholera, Salmonellosis and now WNV would
also be in that group) far out numbered the other
causes. Second was lead poisoning/heavy metal poisoning
from hunting-fishing and pollutants (industry-farming)
and then pesticide/pesticide pollutants followed by
hunting/impact trauma (communication towers, hunting,
windows of homes, electrocution). The data was from
several agencies in U.S, Canada, Mexico and I believe it
was over 600,000 carcasses.
--
A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock
will prevent you from rolling over and going back

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!