Old 19-05-2003, 03:08 AM
pelirojaroja

Default Electric Box Help

We have:

dwarf lilacs
burning bushes
mugo pine
black-eyed susans
tickseed
butterfly bush (too weedy and big -- that one was a mistake that we are
transplanting this fall)
several groups of spring bulbs

planted around our full-sun box. Nothing was major $$ to purchase (pretty
ho-hum as far as originality of the plants, I know) so if the electric
company has to cut anything to get to the box, we're not out too much. We
have them growing in a mulched bed around the concrete base on the box --
closer than the required distance, but no one has said anything in 10 years!

--
-- pelirojaroja
Zone 6 (really a 5, USDA is nuts), Cleveland, OH

"Timothy" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 18 May 2003 14:29:12 +0000, Roger Hill wrote:

Greetings,

We're having a new house built and our lot ended
up having an electric company power box in the front yard. It's green

and
is about 2ft. wide, 3ft. long and 2.5ft. tall. If anyone has any
suggestions on what to use to cover it up, I'd appreciate it.

Your best bet is to call the power company and ask what the set back it
from the box. It's very likly that you can't plant with in X feet ( 3/4
feet..? ) and there has to be access to it for removal if need be. Luckly
it's green and doesn't stick out as bad as if it was some other color.
Good luck .

--
http://yard-works.netfirms.com