Old 28-01-2003, 01:17 AM
NewsUser

Default Crows eradicated in DC, Paghat debunked

Thanks for the link, Lar. This is speculation, then, rather than research. I
was aware of other multiple hazards. I'm trying to keep up with all the info
on WNV because I keep several birds outside in summer. Have to take steps to
protect them.

karen

"Lar" wrote in message
. ..
In article ,
ess says...
Please provide the source of the info about parasites (other than

mosquitos)
transmitting WNV in hawk populations. I believe there are 36 species

of
mosquito in the US known to carry WNV but have not yet seen mention of

other
parasites.

These two articles don't state that it is another
parasite, but it does make say hmmmmmm...I would think
close net lifestyle of crows would make it very possible
for lice or bird flea or even larger insects like
conenose bugs that will inhabit bird nests of ratures to
be a possibility as another vector.

From an article by a rapture rehabilitator
http://www.cah.com/library/wnvrapt.html