Old 29-01-2003, 02:04 PM
Pat Brothers

Default Tomato Recommendations for 2003 :)

Take a look at Chuck Wyatt's site. Hundreds of tomatoes described. He
has a list of 30 or so tomato varieties that do well in hot climates. I
bought seeds from him for several years. Good quality seed. He has
passed on, but his neighbor is still selling his seeds, I think.

Phisherman wrote:

I prefer to pick an early, a late, and an unusual tomato. Some years
they give exceptional yields, other years the summers get too hot and
the tomatoes barely fruit. Our climate (zone 7) in east TN can have
mid 90 temperatures for two months with warm nights (even though we
are in the mountains) and tomatoes don't like that. If anyone knows
which tomato variety likes this type of climate, please advise.
Ohio's climate is perfect for tomato.

Pat Brothers
The Powell House
Wake Forest, NC