Old 19-05-2003, 06:09 AM
~ jan

Default Plant question

On Sun, 18 May 2003 20:53:51 -0400, "Priscilla McCullough"
wrote:

Yes, its a water softer machine that uses salt. Never thought of it putting
salt in the water. I bought a test kit for ponds that test everything, but
wouldn't you know the salt one is missing out of it and I threw my ticket
away.
I'll have to find that out. I do water changes every month about 20 to 25%.
No algaecides, or medications used.

I think that may be your problem. A water softer that uses salt puts enough
sodium in the water that those with high blood pressure are told not to
drink the water from such. Paging Dr. Greg Young, is that still correct?

Priss, Take a sample with you to the pet store, even if you plan to buy a
salt testing kit and they can tell you right off. Instead of a soak in
miracle grow they might do better getting the salt leach out of the soil
media using distilled water. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~