Old 30-01-2003, 01:21 AM
MLEBLANCA

Default The past few days

In article , "madgard"
writes:

I look forward to talking with you all about the impending failures and =
accomplishments of this new year we've slipped into. I hope all of you =
have the time to share the same with me. I can't hardly wait for first =
show so that I can share with you all the magic and wonder that still =
captures my heart and soul up here where I live. It's almost February, =
friends. The month that drags us to the soil and doesn't let up, just =
before we break, and before we know it, it will be March and spring will =
be more evident in arrival. =20

Hi Marilyn
Well the past few days have brought Spring's beauties to Northern CA.
The various lovely members of the Narcissus Family are heading into
full bloom. All of the members of this group are special, but what says
Spring better than a huge clump of ol King Alfreds and Golden Trumpets?
Close your eyes and I will bet you can see them!! They are about 2 weeks
early.

The tulips have sent up one furled green leaf.

The first thing to say "Spring is here", was an old, old cherry tree
over on Ninth Street. It's always the first tree to bloom. It's getting very
old and I hope it makes it for many years more.

The Pussy willows are just breaking out of their hard shiny cases.

The buds on the almond trees have passed the "popcorn" stage and
are beginning to show color. These are almost 3 weeks early ( The growers
will be holding their breath on the clear nights ahead).

Emilie
In the Northern Sacramento Valley, between the Sierra/Cascades and
the Trinity Alps and the Coast Ranges. Foggy am, but sunny pm.