Old 07-02-2003, 09:08 AM
Eric Schreiber

Default Taking the leap - lighting retrofit

"Tasslehoff" wrote:

If you've got 3W/G make sure you've got CO2 injection(DIY yeast/Bottle +
diffuser/reactor) happening and aquatic plant fertiliser/PMDD on hand which
is probably your current problem as your plants may be lacking Potassium(K),
Iron(Fe) and trace elements atm.

I do have DIY CO2 going (two bottles), and despite the turbulence that
comes with an Eclipse system, the CO2 level has gone up a bit (from
2.8 to 6.2 ppm). It's not as high as I'd like, naturally, but it may
be the best I'm going to see.

I've just recently (two weeks?) started adding Leaf Zone to address
the fertilizer situation. Too early to tell if it's helping. Right
now, I'm sure the bottleneck is lighting.

I'll put the new lights on a different timer than the existing ones,
so I'll be able to adjust the light levels to compensate for any algae
problems somewhat. Just have to experiment with it.

--
www.ericschreiber.com