Old 16-02-2003, 12:09 PM
LeighMo

Default Plants labelled associated swords

About 4 months back I bought a Aquatic plant named associated sword at
petsmart. The plant has not put out any healthy long leaves but minute light
green leaves from the time I have them in my tank. What could be cause of
for this? Are associated swords any true aquatic plant or they are suppose
to die. I heard that some shops sell non-aquatic swords.

I've never heard of an "associated sword." However, PetSmart does sell a lot
of plants that are not true aquatics.

It's hard to say what the problem is, without knowing what kind of plant it is.
How much light does your tank get? Do you fertilize or inject CO2? Do you
have other plants in the tank that are doing well? And is there any chance you
could post a photo of the plant in question?

Leigh