Old 30-01-2003, 05:13 PM
MLEBLANCA

Default If you need reminders that spring is not too far~

In article , "madgard"
writes:

I am a woman possessed. I am curious as to wheather or not I can get the
spade into the soil near the fence by the dead mimosa where it's pristine
clean. The garden mind is an amazing thing. It's really quietly plotting
and planning when we least suspect it. In no time I was over by the fence,
admiring the clean, bare and raked area that is at least three foot wide
running along the fence, and I put the point of my spade against the red
soil, put my foot on the lip, and jump on it, expecting resistance.

There is something that just soothes my soul when I can dig.
That's why I love being in a place where the ground never freezes.
I can go out and play in the dirt when I feel the urge. When we moved
to Ohio, that was perhaps the worst thing: not being able to get my hands
in the dirt in winter. The sound of a shovel going 'clunk' on the frozen earth
just was not satisfying!! I couldn't dig; nor even SEE the dirt. And no,
shoveling snow was NOT the same thing.
Yes, this is the perfect time for removing things, privet yearlings pull right
up, and perfect for moving plants around to new homes.

Emilie
going to pack a lunch and go play in the snow instead of dirt, today