Old 19-02-2003, 11:50 AM
LeighMo

Default Aquatic fertilizer?

What's recommended to fertilize aquatic plants? Is there a liquid I can add
to the water, or something i can stick in the gravel near the roots?

Yes. There are liquid fertilizers like Seachem Flourish and Tropica
Mastergrow. And there are root fertilizers that come in tablet form, that you
bury in the gravel.

Given your lighting level, you'd probably be all right with just a liquid iron
supplement like Tetra Florapride, and weekly water changes. You might give the
amazon sword a root tab now and them, though I'm not sure you have enough light
for that plant. (Fertilizer won't help if there's not enough light.) The
other plants do well in low light and should be okay.

Leigh