Old 20-02-2003, 10:05 AM
PérRµ§h

Default algae, spectrum, light

On 20 Feb 2003 03:35:35 GMT, in rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
tose (LeighMo) verruimde onze geest met:

I don't believe everything I read ;-)

**
It's not only from reading. An experienced breeder told met that
those "plant-lights" were crap, that they only stimulated algae
growth.

Then I went to the www and found the red - blue story on several
sites.

I'm skeptical about the idea that you
can control algae just by light spectrum.

**
I haven't said that you can control them ONLY by light choise, but the
light can give algae a better or a worse enviroment.

Ofcours NO3 and PO4 will influence the growth too.

ps : still looking for evidence

PérRµ§h

--

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.