Old 22-02-2003, 01:52 AM

Default algae all over

(Victor M. Martinez) wrote in message ...
wrote:
Adding Excel _is_ adding a carbon source. That's not a non CO2 tank.

It is a carbon source, but it's not CO2. IIRC, it's some sort of sugar
molecule. Instructions are to use it daily, but I use it once a week.
It *is* a non-CO2 tank.

Yea, I should stuck with the carbon source all the way, it is not a
non carbon enriched tank and perhaps only about 1/3 the week at most.
Then it's a non carbon enriched tank.

I don't fertilize my non CO2/carbon tank at all including traces etc.
I also don't do water changes, I only top off the tank and do a
cleaning once every 3-6 months.

Come to think of it, the tank doesn't even have a light so it's a non
artificial light, non CO2/carbon source tank. Sits in the window.

Regards,
Tom Barr