Old 22-02-2003, 11:47 PM
Eric Schreiber

Default Suitable fish for a planted community tank - looking for experiences

tose (LeighMo) wrote:

Puffers and angelfish are a bad combination. Puffers are especially tough on
fish with long, thin, trailing fins, like angelfish and gouramis. They seem to
think those skinny fins are worms or something. A 1" puffer can terrorize an
8" angelfish.

Having an entire week's experience with puffers under my belt now, I'd
hazard to say they're a bad combination with almost anything. Mine are
less than a half inch in size, but were beating the crap out of my
golf ball sized apple snails. They've got a tank all to themselves
now.

Gram per gram, puffers are about the meanest fish I've seen so far.
Cute as the dickens, though.

--
www.ericschreiber.com