Old 24-02-2003, 04:28 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default dissolving K2So4

I've just purchased some pure KNO3, K2SO4, and KH2PO4 from a hydroponics
place. I've opened up all the containers and it's either a fine white powder
or crystal substance...looks like it's going to be easy to dissolve. Can I
just add this stuff directly to the tank or should I pre-mix them in water
and then add the solution?

Any opinions?

Thanx, Dave.

"Mark Trueman" wrote in message
.. .
Group,

Is there anyone here who uses k2so4 in water to fertilise. I tried to
prepare some, first mixture couldnt get 8 tblspoons to dissolve in 400 ml,
reduced it to 4 tbsp but i still have to shake the bottle before i use it

as
it seems to separate after being left for a while.

Anyone else have this experience or any tips?

Ideally i wanted to be able to dose 1ppm K per ml of solution in my 160
litre. Currently i can only get .4 ppm per ml.

Mark