Old 24-02-2003, 05:08 AM
Dave M. Picklyk

Default Pomacea bridgesii impossible to get!?

After getting all psyched up about snails nailing all my hair algae I'm all
depressed again ...well not really but..

I cannot seem to get pomacea bridgesii snails anywhere! Nowhere locally,
I've checked two Big Al's stores...one of the guys there says that snail
imports are illegal so whatever snails they have are from local breeders and
customers. He also said that all the apple snails that they had (besides the
obvious ramshorn plant-eaters) were voracious plant munchers

So...I'm hooped? Anyone here breed these little tykes or have some they'd
like to send up to western Canada? If someone can pack them well so shells
don't break.

Thanx!!!
(btw I left for holidays for 4 days and came back...my plants are going
nuts, where I pruned a few days back tonnes of new leaves are popping in and
the algae looks like it might go extinct!...I guess the grow plants good
algae control works. Can't wait till I start doing PMDD in a few days to
make everything go crazy!!)

Dave.