Old 26-02-2003, 04:42 AM
SLEngst

Default BGA return, what next

I had forms of BGA show up in 3 planted tanks. I treated all three for 5 days
with the 1/2 dose of maracyn needed for fish fungus or whatever, as suggested
in an article in the KRIB. It came back in two tanks. I treated them both for
7 days with full doses of maracyn. A week later it now seems to be reappearing
in one of those two tanks. First clue is - even my prefilter media is starting
to "pearl", as are above substrate roots, etc.

Do I do some huge water changes, again? and go for 10 days on the maracyn? I
just did a virtual 90% water change on that tank less than a week ago. How
much of this (maracyn) can the fish take?

Thanks in advance,
Sharon Engstrom