Old 19-05-2003, 09:20 AM
Charlie Pridham

Default Clematis, virgina creeper, honeysuckle and jasmine...

"Paul G" wrote in message
My other half has just planted some in pots in the back yard with the
intention of growing them up a stone wall. Will they stick to the wall by
themselves or do we need to put a net up?

Sorry if it's a silly question...

Thanks

Paul

Parthenocissus are self clinging but P. quinquefolia (true virginia creeper)
becomes very heavy and falls off, so some support needed for all of them,
and its a good idea to attach the new plants firmly to the support until
they get the idea and start to climb (or the wind will damage them)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk